Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Is This American Swag?

So, this is the picture that I have selected to compose my thoughts, feelings and assignment criteria in the Usual Suspects. I'm not exactly sure what it is that compels me to select this particular Ralph Lauren photo, even after all the scrutiny and controversy regarding the Olympic uniform manufacturing [Made In China].

There is still something here that warrants investigating. It's the wardrobe, the athletes/models, the design of the clothes, the colors (uniform and skin), the podium arrangement, the sole female, and, of course, the beret! My hope is that I'll find what it is that I'm seeking from what it is that I'm searching and discovering. Although the parameters of the assignment are completely clear just yet, this will be used as my jumping off point.

Wish me luck!
*Can I just say that I'm delighted not to dwell on something that has true and obvious sexual connotations and some suspect of sexual deviation... Minimalist attributes at their best!

No comments:

Post a Comment